Sunday, November 15, 2009

Almost every thought fits neatly on this card.

It really saddens me that a group as amazing as Faded Paper Figures has never been heard of by most. I absolutely adore them and have introduced them to many of my friends, but I still wish they were somewhat more well known. Of course, I still appreciate the fact that I know such an amazing-yet-not-so-popular group, but it would still be nice if more people could be given the chance to listen to them.

Oh well. I've done all I can.

Anywho, the lock-in I went to, while not an absolute disaster, wasn't all that great. There were at least 600 people there, and it was somewhat fun, but I've been to better. There were some live Christian-Rock bands performing, and one of them was pretty good, but the others were so-so. Plus, I talked to the member of one of the bands - the one that I liked, Bottom Line - and he said I looked 16, which made my day: You have no idea. See, I'm fairly short, and I feel and was told once - but it was outside in the middle of the night, and I think he was high - that I look younger than 14, but people usually say that I have more of mature face - I don't get it either, but apparently I have more grown up features, so it's quite nice.

Another upside to the lock-in was that I interacted with my sort-of crush more than usual. We talked a little, I got a fist bump from him *huge smile* and I accidentally said that he was his sister's sister (it was 5 a.m., don't judge.) and he got to see me COMPLETELY out of it and playing hockey with ice cubes across a table with one of my friends. How lovely. I wore pretty purple shortish-shorts and felt quite a bit uncomfortable, but it was really hot with all the people there, and I wasn't the fattest girl there, so I guess it's not so bad. I hope he doesn't think I'm fat. I was told by a friend of mine - she's one of the three that know about my crush - that he used to like this girl I'm acquaintances with who is also a Russian immigrant - WHOO! Who knows, maybe he has a thing for foreign girls. - and is very skinny, so that gives me motivation.

So basically, I got to reconnect with some old friends, meet some new people, listen to some pretty good music, dance around near a stage, almost get pulled into a hyped-up-Christian mosh pit, and talk to my sort-of-maybe crush.

Even though I did awfully Friday and Saturday, I hardly gained any weight. I haven't eaten anything today, and I'm planning to fast from today until next Sunday, and I'm hoping to lose about 10 lbs - it's possible with the conditioning I'm doing for soccer. I'm doing this fast with a friend of mine who is Mia, so I hope this goes well for the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment